Mark your calendar for the upcoming Andre Galvao seminar at Tai-Kai.
Andre Galvao Bio (from www.bjjheroes.com): A Brazilian Jiu Jitsu world champion and ADCC champion as well as a black belt under the famous Mestre “Careca”, Andre Galvao is also a founding member of the Atos team, one of the top BJJ teams in the world. Well known among the grappling community due to his numerous achievements on the mats and inside the octagon (he also fought in MMA) Andre Galvao is recognized for his flamboyant Jiu Jitsu style and his battles in the open weight divisions of tournaments around the world. In 2010 Andre Galvao released a book on how he developed his own style of BJJ, the book named “Drill to Win” was taken with great interest by BJJ’ers and is today an important reference on the subject.
- World Champion – black belt (2008 & 2005)
- ADCC Champion (2011 weight & absolute, 2013 superfight)
- Pan American Champion – black belt (2008 weight & absolute, 2006, 2011, 2013, 2014 weight & absolute)
- World Pro Cup Champion (2012, 2013, 2014 UAEJJ)
- World Cup Champion – black belt (2006 black)
- World CBJJE Champion (2008 black)
- Ultimate Absolute NYC Champion (2011)
Other Important Achievements:
- World Champion (2002 blue, 2003 weight & absolute purple, 2004 weight & absolute brown, 2006, 2007 black)
- ADCC Silver Medalist (2009)
- World Cup Champion – purple belt (2003 weight & absolute)
- World Cup Champion – brown belt (2004 brown weight & absolute)
- World Pro Championship Silver Medallist (2012 absolute)
- ADCC Bronze Medallist (2007 weight & absolute)